WHAT IS IT?
Hickory smoked sea salt is cold smoked to preserve maximum flavor from pieces of smoldering hickory wood.
A big and smoky salt, with deep woodsy notes. Processed using a cold smoking method that preserves the crunch of this salt.
This salt is crafted in America using real hickory wood.
- Seasoning barbequed meats
- Seasoning and garnishing meals
- Natural food preservative
A FEW IMPROVISATIONAL RIFFS:
- Provide house smoked salmon/gravlax great smoke without using a cold smoker;
- Add smoke flavor to meats cooked in a sous vide, pressure cooker, or slow cooker;
- With other spices, makes a wonderful seasoning for a bbq popcorn;
- Hickory salted dark chocolate caramels
This salt is prepared with the cold smoking method. The heat ranges from around 90 to 125 degrees Fahrenheit. The burning wood is held in another chamber and the smoke is pumped in to where evaporated sea salt basks in the smoldering aroma. The food sits in the same chamber with the burning wood and temperatures range between 165 and 185 Fahrenheit.
Get top quality from our friends at SpiceJungle.