WHAT IS IT?
Granulated honey is simply honey that has been dried, and ground. The honey retains its flavor, but has a crunchy quality, when used as a sprinkle. It dissolves well in liquids, without the stickiness of fresh honey.
This powder has the floral, and sweet, aromas of honey. Just imagine all of the times that you’ve used sugar, without the complexity of flavors that honey can bring to a recipe. From dry barbecue rubs, to a light sweet in a müesli, granulated honey powder offers a nuance that sugars don’t.
Honey is a naturally occurring byproduct of bees, found worldwide.
- Easily dissolves into coffee and tea;
- Honey cookies;
- Honey herb chicken;
- Honey cake.
A FEW IMPROVISATIONAL RIFFS:
- Honey rim for a Lemon Drop martini;
- Seared scallops with a honey-lemon-fennel pollen crust;
- My house vanilla ice cream, sprinkled with honey powder, on a Johnnycake;
- A dessert dark chocolate pasta with pistachios, candied mandarin orange bits, hazelnut oil, and honey powder.
It’s the sweetener as old as time, with records dating back to 2100 B.C. where it was mentioned in Sumerian and Babylonian cuneiform writings, the Hittite code, and the sacred writings of India and Egypt. It’s assumed to be much older than that.
Get top quality from our friends at SpiceJungle.