Sun Ra was one of the most skilled and “out there” World Jazz synthesizer/pianists and bandleaders. He was also a vegetarian. To honor his complexity, we take the vegetarian dog of your choice up to a new level.
Makes one dog. Multiply recipe accordingly.
- 30g (1 oz.) House made, Bearitos or Amy’s Vegetarian refried beans (heated);
- 1 vegetarian hot dog
- 1 hot dog bun
- 30g (1 oz) guacamole
- 15ml (1 tbsp) Trader Joe’s Salsa Verde or any good salsa
- 10-15g (1/3-1/2 oz) Shredded sharp cheddar
- Set a few cups of water into a pot that will fit with a steamer, put the steamer on top, and a lid and bring to a boil, then reduce heat to low/low-med;
- In a microwave safe container, reheat some refried beans and set aside.
- Mash up your avocados for guacamole or open a pre-made and set aside.
- Pull out your salsa and a spoon.
- When the steamer is simmering and steaming, add the hot dog and steam for 2 min. You may have to add time if you are cooking several at once. Put in the bun, close the lid, and continue steaming for another 30 seconds.
- Plate: Using a small spatula, put the beans into the bun. Lay the hot dog on top. Spoon on the salsa, and then the guacamole, and sprinkle with cheese. Add tortilla chips to the plate and serve.