THE COOK’S TOUR
Harry Potter has his magic wand. This will be your home chef equivalent! Just wave it over something needing a fine grate, speak the incantation, Whizbang Gratiosa!, and you have perfectly grated product!
- Grate both wet items, like ginger, and dry items, like nutmeg;
- Wonderful for a snowy fine grating of hard cheeses;
- Grate dry spices that have solidified back into powder;
- Long, thin, “wand” design makes for easier, faster grating;
- Easy to rinse, dry and reuse.
- Ultra Sharp photo-etched technology;
- True surgical-grade stainless steel;
- Ergonomic grip;
- Maintains sharpness over time;
- Can be hung on a magnetic knife strip;
- Non-scratch end tabs protect counter tops;
- Dishwasher safe;
- Made in USA.
There are a few variations on the fine/plane grater, but this one is my favorite, by far. The long, wand-like grater, and the comfy ergonomic grip give you more logical surface area to use to grate. That means more grating, and a higher quality grate, with less repetitive motions, which is easier on your arms, back, etc.
I hate the big, clunky box graters. They can’t get the “fine” side” to ever be as sharp, and as accurate as the microplane. It cleans easily. Just rinse it off, and, to make sure you get it super-clean, toss it in a dishwasher’s upper rack.
Microplane earns my four-diamond Choicestuff™ nod for being best in the plane grater class!