THE COOK’S TOUR
The standard KitchenAid mixer’s beater attachment hasn’t changed one bit in decades. That’s a shame, because the stand-mixer’s attachment could stand with a bit of new thinking. You spend a LOT of time babying the flat beater. scraping around the side walls of the work bowl, as product builds up on them.
This is where GVODE comes in: Their flat beater, with the scraper is just flat-out better than KitchenAid’s flat beater for pretty much every application, because it scrapes the bowl as it goes, which keeps all of the ingredients integrated.
As a dual-edge flat beater, it is better than competing products with a single-scraper. The solid metal construction is more durable than its dual-edge plastic cousins.
- Non-stick coated metal construction is superior to similar models with molded plastic;
- The blade is equipped with an end-to-end silicone flex edge that scrapes edges and keeps everything being mixed, well… mixed well;
- The lack of drag gives it a high-mixing performance, which, in turn, maintains a safe wattage draw from the motor. It saves energy, taking 50% less time to mix to completion;
- This beater is top-rack dishwasher safe for easy cleanup;
- Made of all food-grade materials;
- Using this paddle eliminates hand-scraping and batter build-up on the blade, scrapes the residue at the bottom thoroughly;
- It fits all KitchenAid 4.5 and 5 quart tilt-head mixer bowls.
I’ve tried a few similar products, both for the stand, and the tilt KitchenAid mixers. The plastic ones warp, and get brutally noisy. This is the best of all worlds: Sturdy metal frame, great coverage of the edges of the work bowl. GVODE gets my Five Diamond rating.